What is an Anti-Fatigue Mat?
This entry was posted on April 7, 2015.
Anti-fatigue floor mats help workers stand for longer periods of time without experiencing fatigue or other pains associated with standing work.
What is Fatigue?
Fatigue can be described as exhaustion, leg and back pain, and just feeling out of it. It is a serious workplace issue and can lead to the following:
|Decreased Decision Making Abilities||Decreased Ability to do Complex Planning|
|Poor Communication Skills||Poor Performance or Productivity|
|Decreased Attention and Vigilance||Less Likely to Handle Stress on the Job|
|Decreased Reaction Time||Poor Memory or Detail Recall|
|Inability to Respond to Changes||Falling Asleep|
|Errors in Judgement||Increased Sick Time, Absenteeism, and Turnover Rate|
|Higher Medical Costs||Higher Accident Rates|
If you or your employees are experiencing these issues in your workplace, it is time to look into purchasing anti-fatigue mats for your business.
What are Anti-Fatigue Mats?
Anti-fatigue mats are made of cushion like products that reduce strain on a worker’s legs or lower back.
Many anti-fatigue mats are created with high density, closed cell rubber cushion so that walking and standing on them for long periods of time is more comfortable.
You also have the ability to purchase interlocking mats with anti-fatigue properties. This means you can cover any floor surface with anti-fatigue floor mats that make working easier and ensure safe, dry footing in any work environment.
Health Benefits of Anti-Fatigue Mats
Individuals who stand at work for prolonged periods of time can suffer the following:
- Varicose Veins - Varicose veins are enlarged, gnarled veins that restrict blood flow. They are a serious health issue.
- Poor Circulation and Swelling of Feet and Legs - Standing for long periods of time has been proven to be a major cause of poor circulation and swelling in the feet.
- Foot Problems - Plantar fasciitis is the most common foot problem associated with a standing work environment. Plantar fasciitis is extreme pain felt in the heel of your foot. The pain can be so severe that walking can be impossible.
- Joint Pain - Extended standing and walking on hard surfaces is terrible for your joints and joint health.
- Heart and Circulatory Problems - Swelling and poor circulation in the legs leads to circulation problems across your entire body if left untreated.
- Difficulties with Pregnancy - Pregnant women are especially susceptible to health issues associated with prolonged standing.
Placing anti-fatigue floor mats in your workplace will greatly reduce the likelihood your employees will suffer such problems.
If you operate a kitchen, mechanic shop, or any other place of business that requires prolonged standing, you should look into anti-fatigue floor mats.
Fatigue is a serious workplace issue and productivity will be lost if steps are not taken to care for the health of your employees. Floormatsystems.com has a wide variety of anti-fatigue floor mats that can be used for almost any workplace environment.